|Last week's ballot|
Dropped Out: Auburn (#15), Missouri (#17), Mississippi (#19), Georgia (#24).
Games watched: Nebraska vs. Missouri, Michigan State vs. Illinois, Ohio State vs. Wisconsin (part), LSU vs. Florida (part), Iowa vs. Michigan (part).
- To me, Alabama is clearly the best team in the country at this point. Offense isn't terrible (still wistful each time I watch Mark Ingram run for them), and their defense is absolutely unreal. Florida's big win at LSU is impressive, but the Tide went to Oxford and made Ole Miss look awful. (And, man, do I feel stupid for continuing to rank Mississippi for the past few weeks.)
- USC moves up even though they had the bye week; I think they were too low in my ranking last week. Their season is pretty much par for the course; they had the inexplicable conference loss, they're going to smoke Notre Dame this weekend, and then they're going to coast to the Pac-10 title.
- LSU's drop might be a bit harsh, as their absent offense probably had at least as much to do with Florida as it did with LSU. Was definitely a bit shocking to see Les Miles call such a conservative game.
- I'm utterly shocked that Oregon is ranked so high at this point, but they deserve it.
- Houston beat Oklahoma State, yes, yes, but Oklahoma State didn't also get throttled by UTEP.
- Wisconsin barely hangs on.