So Gerard Butler showed up. That was kind of weird and pretty awesome all at the same time. Really regretting not turning my camera's video-taking feature on for when he bellowed "SPARTANNNNNNS!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?!!!"
Tom Izzo recounting a comment by Lupe during the homecoming parade: "You know, they don't have anything like this in Cleveland."
Also, the women's team has a girl who can dunk, which is cool.
Selected player impressions from the 14 minutes of scrimmaging (12 minutes of regulation, 2 of OT):
- Korie Lucious played. You would have had no idea he'd had knee surgery less than 3 weeks ago. As quick as ever. Knocked a three down from waaay out.
- Kalin Lucas with the highlight play of the night: a behind-the-back pass to Summers on the fast break.
- Runner up: Derrick Nix reenacting his (in)famous hanging-from-the-rim put-back.
- By my count, Durrell Summers led all scorers with 14 points (4 three-pointers).
- Draymond Green looks like a small forward. Was looking for his shot outside. Was something like 1-4 on three-pointers.
- No distinct impressions on Keith Appling, good or bad.
- Adreian Payne can get up very quickly from underneath the rim.
- Alex Gauna looks quite a bit beefier than Garrick Sherman, FWIW.
- Delvon Roe scored the game-winning bucket in OT with a right-handed finish off a drive to the basket. 24-22 Green.
I'm going to bed. Kickoff in 10 hours.