- YouTube - Gerard Butler at Michigan State University football game
If you just can't get enough Gerard.
- Michigan State University Official Athletic Site
Official Midnight Madness video. Another (slightly better, but harder-to-link-to) version is here.
- A few Illinois thoughts - LSJ Blogs: Hey, Joe
Apparently, the Cousins 4th-down fumble was on purpose. The not-picking-it-up part, not so much.
Three Spartans Earn National Player Of The Week Honors - MICHIGAN STATE OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE
Jones and both kickers. From preseason battle to in-season dual honors for Conroy and Muma.
Big Ten power rankings: Week 8 - Big Ten Blog - ESPN
We're #1! We're #1!
- Status of MSU's Chris L. Rucker may not be settled this week | freep.com | Detroit Free Press
Yeah, so this. At this point, I'm not really up for any more in-depth analysis of MSU athlete legal issues. I didn't sign up for this; I signed up to make scatterplots. I'll say this: From a football perspective, I would really hope Rucker doesn't see the field again until his legal situation is completely resolved--sentence determined, any jail time served. (If there's jail time served, my law-and-order instincts say he should be gone, but I've decided maybe my law-and-order instincts aren't particularly relevant.) This is potentially a very special season. The team needs to get the guy who, barring injury, is certain to be available for the duration as ready as possible; that guy is Darqueze Dennard. Sounds like we may know something more on Wednesday regarding Rucker's status. [/nonlaconicness]
- Also from that last link: Haven't mentioned it earlier because it doesn't sound like it's a big deal, but Draymond Green has been in a boot to deal with a slight ankle sprain he picked up late in the Midnight Madness scrimmage. Just getting every possible injury out of the way before the season actually starts, right?
- The State News : Freshman Dennard succeeds in place of suspended Rucker
Dantonio: "He's a very quick learner, he's sort of a student of the game type guy, he's aggressive, he has excellent ball skills and can run very well and has great quickness."
- Halfway Home: The Good - Sippin' On Purple
NW can throw the ball around some.
- Halfway Home: The Bad - Sippin' On Purple
Their opponents can run the ball some.
- Lake The Posts " Blog Archive " Operation: Upset Sparty
"I'm still sticking with my trifecta of 55/5/2 as the statline necessary to win - 55 pass attempts, 5 or less penalties and +2 in the TO margin."
- 2010 Potential College Football Coaching Candidates - the long list - The Daily Gopher
Emphasis on "long." Uneducated guess: Minnesota goes with a hot coordinator to replace Tim Brewster.
- Green, Michigan State eye third consecutive trip to Final Four - USATODAY.com
Day Day fluff.
- Ignore Us Now At Your Peril: The Revised Plan for the National Title - Hammer and Rails
Power of positive thinking.
You asked, Matta answered (Hoops & Scoops: an OSU basketball blog)
OSU going with the MAN-T'-MAN.
A Beautiful Day for Football: a Michigan State Football Blog
Newish MSU blog, spearheaded by Ty from Lions in Winter (among other places). Content expected to be somewhat sporadic but worth bookmarking/RSS-subscribing.