Miracle of miracles, I remembered to put this together a day earlier than the deadline. So, this time around I can solicit your comments and criticism before it goes final.
After a week of upsets and disappointing performances by highly-rated teams, there's a fair amount of movement here.
- OSU and Alabama are almost inseparable at this point. I give the edge to 'Bama for looking flawless on Saturday, while OSU has some special teams issues to work out. But, IMO, Miami is a much better team than PSU, so the separation is negligible.
- Boise drops 4 spots. That happens when the victim of a seemingly-great win turns around and loses to a 1-AA. Relatedly, TCU jumps Boise because their win over Oregon State looks better than Boise's win over VT. (Of course, Boise gets a crack at Oregon St. next weekend.)
- Oklahoma jumps after destroying Florida State, a team I wildly overrated last week.
- Iowa moves up a spot--and gets clear separation from Wisconsin, their ballot twin--for looking utterly dominant against ISU, a team they've struggled with in the past. The Hawkeyes' trip to Arizona looks like the most interesting game of this weekend.
- As for 10-25: just winging it, basically. South Carolina was a major omission in my ballot last week, and Georgia doesn't totally drop out because they played without their best player. Miami loses only 7 spots because lots of good teams get beaten up in Columbus. Penn State stays where they are because lots of good teams get beaten up in Tuscaloosa.