Without further ado:
This week's full poll and awards, here.
As always, my ballot is a seat-of-the-pants mixture between resume and power rankings. Hence, Boise gets the top spot because they had the best win this week; if Alabama beats Penn State this weekend, I'd expect Boise's current ranking to be a one-week-only thing. TCU makes a similarly big leap by beating Oregon State, a top-25 team.
- Oregon makes a huge jump because, uh, that's what happens when you win 72-0. Having seen bits and pieces of that game, I think I underrated them at the start of the year. We'll know more after they play Tennessee this week.
- VT doesn't lose much ground, and they shouldn't lose much when losing by only three points to the now-#1 team.
- In retrospect, Texas probably didn't deserve to fall 5 spots, but they looked pretty shaky at times on Saturday. Florida and USC, conversely, looked awful on Saturday and deserve their respective falls.
- Very impressed by FSU, Georgia, and Arizona; they were the other big jumps.
- Michigan slides in at #25. UConn played terribly but it'd be foolish to think that Michigan didn't have a whole lot to do with that.
So, who impressed/disappointed you in the first weekend? Did I screw anything up? (More than I usually do?)