Welcome to this week's BlogPoll ballot! The theme this week is pretty much the same as last week -- a defined first and second tier, while teams 19ish-25 is a crapshoot. Here's the ballot, with explanations after the jump:
- Alabama and LSU are a clear 1-2; I feel what order they're in is a matter of taste. I feel Alabama has been more dominant over the teams they've faced so far, so they get the nod over the Tigers.
- Wisconsin, in the words of the Bhagavad Gita, has become Death, the destroyer of worlds. Unless LSU or Alabama lose however, this is as high as they'll go -- their resume won't come near 'Bama's or LSU's without a loss on their part.
- Clemson? CLEMSON? Wins over Auburn, Virginia Tech and Florida State get the Tigers the number four spot. Now watch them lose to Boston College this we...er, Maryland next week.
- Procedural drop downs for OU, OSU, and Stanford.
- Texas -- wins over Iowa State, BYU and UCLA barely put them over Boise State. Oregon's only decent win is over Arizona, which both OSU and Stanford have as well.
- The next five...GUH. I'm a bit concerned after NC State scored 35 on Tech, but 5-0 is still 5-0. At some point the Zooker will combust; until he does though wins over Arizona State and Northwestern put the Illini here. Auburn has two good wins, Michigan has one, and Kansas State probably also has one combining Miami and Baylor.
- 16-20: Teams with a loss to a good team and at least one decent win.
- 21-25...DOUBLE GUH. South Florida lost to Pitt, but they beat Notre Dame. Notre Dame has two losses, but beat MSU. Washington and USC have too many good wins to ignore, and I ranked Michigan State because yes, the defense is good.