Holy crap this was an interesting week of college football. Besides LSU at the top spot this ballot was none too easy to fill out, and it's still a mess. Here's the poll, and meager justifications after the jump:
- On 2-5 -- My eyes tell me 'Bama's the second best team in the nation, and no one has a good enough resume to displace them from the two spot. Stanford barely edges out Arkansas because I think their win over USC is better than Arkansas' best win, South Carolina. Oklahoma State is 5th, because Iowa State is by far the worst loss of that group.
- 6-10: Boise Boise Boise. If only you had an accurate kicker. The win over Georgia is still a good one. USC must be ranked above Oregon, and since I think Oregon could tire MSU to death, they're 7 and 8. MSU's resume, with wins over
NebraskaMichigan and Wisconsin is now better than Clemson's resume, especially with Clemson's shameful loss to NC State.
- 11-15: Virginia Tech has beaten Georgia Tech and...that's it. I know they only have one loss, but I still think Clemson's resume is better. I would not be surprised at all to see the Hokies lose to Virginia this week. Oklahoma and Wisconsin are a match made in heaven, both teams boned by dumb timeouts in the last minute. Oklahoma has the better wins, so they're slightly above the Badgers. Michigan finally has a good win, and Kansas State picked up another decent win against Texas.
- 16-18: Tire firey goodness. How soon we forget that Houston almost lost to UCLA, how I can take them seriously? South Carolina beat Georgia and even though Georgia won the SEC East, the Gamecocks get the slight nod.
- 19-25: Whatever. As Spartan Dan said, eff it, I'm going bowling.
Thoughts are appreciated, and I'm more than happy to move teams around if a case can be made. I'll answer your questions and concerns in the comments.