BLOOMINGTON, IN - FEBRUARY 28: Victor Oladipo #4 of the Indiana Hoosiers shoots the ball during the Big Ten Conference game against the Michigan State Spartans at Assembly hall on February 28, 2012 in Bloomington, Indiana. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)
Welp, that wasn't good. What are the five steps you ask?
- Keep repeating this mantra: "Michigan State has at least a share of the Big Ten title. Michigan State has at least a share of the Big Ten title. Michigan State has at least a share of the Big Ten title." Just because they might share it doesn't make it any less true.
- Draymond Green played every bit like the player of the year candidate he is. 29 points on 10-17 shooting, 3-6 from three, and 8 rebounds. Yes he had 6 turnovers, but as he was the only effective scorer for MSU tonight, you have to take that when the rest of the offense is sputtering.
- Speaking of the rest of the offense -- 10-34 for field goals, which drops to 7-30 when you take away Austin Thornton's contributions. Call me an optimist, but I don't think Dawson, Payne, Nix, Wood, Appling et al. won't shoot 23.3% on Sunday.
- They'll be a bit more energized and be able to guard OSU. Oladipo drove by MSU defenders at will seemingly, I think the four day rest will restore some zip to those legs.
- Gary Harris did this to win a playoff game: