Look, I understand your apprehension about twitter. If Oprah and Ashton Kutcher were making a big deal about it before I started using it, I'd be running for the hills as well. However, Twitter does have a multitude of uses, and I'll be using it to provide updates on the Spring game in real time. If you want these updates, you can look on this site for my Twitter feed (it's in the right hand column underneath the FanShots and FanPosts), here's what you need to do:
- Go to twitter.com, and sign up for an account.
- Go to The Only Colors' Twitter Page.
- Click on the "follow" button, underneath our logo.
- If you want mobile updates, go for it. No one will judge you.
You're all set. Here are a few terms that will greatly increase your enjoyment of Twitter.
- @<username> - The at symbol designates a reply to the username in question. Think of it as an IM, except visible to a lot more people. If you only want your message visible to that user, enter (without the quotation marks) "d username", then your message to that username.
- #<tag> - The pound symbol with a word following it designates that word as a tag, and highlights terms that other users would be interested in. For example, if you had a message about MSU football, you might use #msu or #msufootball.
- RT @<username> - The RT stands for "retweet", and designates that the message in question is not yours, but rather something cool another person posted, thus giving them credit for their message.
Once again, if you have any questions, feel free to post a reply below. Heck, you can even send me a Twitter message (@Gd0EastLansing - the "0" is actually the number zero).