On November 3, 2007, the Michigan football team beat the Michigan State football team 28-24 in Spartan Stadium. Also on that date:
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average stood at 13,595.
- Barack Obama trailed Hillary Clinton by 23 percentage points in national polling for the 2008 Democratic primaries.
- Bruce Springsteen had the #1 album on the Billboard 200 charts.
- Bee Movie was the #1 movie at the box office.
- I was just about 3 weeks away from becoming an MSU sports blogger.
In the 1,000 days that have transpired since that date, the following contests have occurred between the University of Michigan and Michigan State University in football and men's basketball (i.e., "sports we care/blog about"):
- January 27, 2008: Michigan State 77, Michigan 62 (Basketball; East Lansing)
- October 25, 2008: Michigan State 35, Michigan 21 (Football; Ann Arbor)
- February 10, 2009: Michigan State 54, Michigan 42 (Basketball; Ann Arbor)
- October 3, 2009: Michigan State 26, Michigan 20 (OT) (Football; East Lansing)
- January 26, 2010: Michigan State 57, Michigan 56 (Basketball: Ann Arbor)
- March 7, 2010: Michigan State 64, Michigan 48 (Basketball; East Lansing)
If you're keeping score at home, that's six victories for MSU. And zero victories for . . . The Victors.
P.S. I thought twice about posting this, as I hate to be seen as a bad winner who's rubbing our in-state rivals' noses in their recent misfortunes. Then I remembered that the rivalry they really care about is the one with Ohio State, so I figured they wouldn't mind.