Welp, that wasn't good. What are the five steps you ask?
- Keep repeating this mantra: "Michigan State has at least a share of the Big Ten title. Michigan State has at least a share of the Big Ten title. Michigan State has at least a share of the Big Ten title." Just because they might share it doesn't make it any less true.
- Draymond Green played every bit like the player of the year candidate he is. 29 points on 10-17 shooting, 3-6 from three, and 8 rebounds. Yes he had 6 turnovers, but as he was the only effective scorer for MSU tonight, you have to take that when the rest of the offense is sputtering.
- Speaking of the rest of the offense -- 10-34 for field goals, which drops to 7-30 when you take away Austin Thornton's contributions. Call me an optimist, but I don't think Dawson, Payne, Nix, Wood, Appling et al. won't shoot 23.3% on Sunday.
- They'll be a bit more energized and be able to guard OSU. Oladipo drove by MSU defenders at will seemingly, I think the four day rest will restore some zip to those legs.
- Gary Harris did this to win a playoff game:
I'm not going to sugarcoat it -- this game was possibly the worst MSU performance of the year. However, few senior day performances for MSU have been flat, I'm guessing the Spartans come back ready to go.