via deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com -- now the TOC motto for this month.
Once again it's March, the most wonderful time of the year for college basketball. While exhilarting, it does create quite the workload here at TOC Incorporated. At these times, we fall back on a tried and true method of content -- ask questions to another blog and have it do the preview for us. I sent some questions to RossWB of the often imitated, never duplicated Iowa blog Black Heart Gold Pants about the first match of the Big Ten Tournament, Day 2. My questions are in the block quotes, and if you saunter on over to BHGP I'm sure you'll find my answers to their questions as well.
1) It's shameful the Hawkeyes resorted to sacrifing Adam Haluska last month so his spirit could be instilled in Matt Gatens, but it worked. Explain what he's meant to this team during their current 7-7 run since MSU.
2) There are other players on the roster though, aren't there? Aaron White's been great as a freshman, and I keep hearing about this Roy Devyn Marble character. Explain what both their contributions mean to the team.
3) Favorite Hawkeye -- Clint Barton from the Avengers, Hawkeye Pierce from M*A*S*H, or Hawkeye Vodka?
4) Snark aside though, thank goodness that Fran's uptempo style is sparing us from the many imitators of Bo Ball that came after Wisconsin's success. How much of a joy is it watching the past two years compared to the Lickliter years?
5) Last time Iowa played against MSU, it got a bit out of hand thanks in large part to the Spartans converting myriad fast break opportunities. Do you think Iowa will try and eliminate any transition opportunities for MSU by foregoing offensive rebounds?
6) Obligatory prediction time -- let's hear it.