After two tenures as the headman for The Only Colors, Pete Rossman is hanging it up as TOC manager. Though he no longer has the time to run things on a day-to-day basis, he plans to stick around the site to help continue bringing you the standard of Spartans news, opinion, and analysis you've grown to love for years. We're very thankful for all of Pete's hard work, which has been instrumental to helping the site and community grow to what they are today.
That means that The Only Colors is looking for a new manager. Here's what we're looking for that person to do:
- Regularly write about Michigan State athletics (at least twice a week)
- Recruit, manage and help train a staff of contributing writers
- Ensure that the site publishes regularly, even during the offseason
- Oversee/supervise the management of the site's two social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter)
- Regularly work with SB Nation College Sports leadership to help ensure best practices are being implemented
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong passion and knowledge about Michigan State athletics
- Have some writing experience, and understand what stories are important news
- Show a commitment to helping the site grow their social media presence, to SEO guidelines, and overall best practices
- Have great original ideas of their own and a hunger to share them to a broader audience
- Is reliable, dependable, and comfortable working in an online environment
If you're interested, send your resume and a writing sample to email@example.com. If you'd like to write for The Only Colors, but aren't sure about your ability to manage the site, that's okay too! Feel free to drop us a line.
Please join us in thanking Pete for everything he's done in the comments.