Hate weekend is in full force. We have an MSU hockey upset win in Detroit, a little vitriol on Twitter, and more excuses and complaining than you can shake a stick at. To wit:
- Michigan is without their two best players, Caris LeVert and (likely) Derrick Walton
- Tom Izzo has been pretty quotable:
Tom Izzo: "It's kind of been a strange bag of nuts that we've been dealing with this year." (Not sure what he was talking about).— Joe Rexrode (@joerexrode) January 29, 2015
- Potential snow has been pre-blamed for either a late-arriving crowd or UM difficulty getting to the Breslin
- There's been less Mitch McGary screwjob talk from UM than I expected. Perhaps that'll be rectified post-game.
- Complaints from the MSU crowd that the shortened turnaround time after the Rutgers game was moved would hurt MSU's ability to prep
- Lots of stats cherry-picking (we're guilty of this) with sliding timeframes for records and debate about whether or not the Fab Five era ever existed. You don't get to count those games, Michigan. You cheated.
So What's the Deal with Michigan? Why are they 2-1 since LeVert went out?
Have MSU's Defensive Woes Gone Away?
Rutgers basketball: good for what ails you.— Heck Dorland (@HeckAtTOC) January 29, 2015