Look, I'm antsy. You're antsy. Having the last Sweet Sixteen game sucks, because we have to wait and know all of the other 7 teams, including the potential opponent, before our game starts.
The upside is that all of these games are interesting, as they represent potential opponents. Except anyone other than Kentucky on Kentucky's side of the bracket.
Alex Cook had a nice breakdown of Sweet 16 rootability started here. I'm shamelessly stealing his idea, but I'll be doing this from an MSU perspective, leaving MSU and Oklahoma out. Here are the 14 remaining teams:
1) N.C. State because they're an easier opponent than Louisville, and because they're a fun story.
2) West Virginia because that would be an amazing upset, plus I think we've got plenty in common with the folks in Morgantown.
3) Wichita State because nobody likes Notre Dame and Wichita is fun.
4) Utah because Duke.
5) Xavier because Matt Stainbrook has a fun name and is a former Western Michigan guy.
6) UCLA for the upset and because nobody thought they should be in the tournament.
7) Gonzaga because I have no strong feels about them.
8) Arizona because boring.
9) Wisconsin because #RealRival
10) North Carolina because I'd rather see a B1G team advance
11) Louisville because playing them is probably a more difficult matchup than N.C. State
12) Notre Dame because their team is overrated and why do they get to have nice things?
13) Duke because nobody wants to see them in a potential Final Four.
Here's how to watch:
|7:15 PM||(7) Wichita St vs (3) Notre Dame||CBS|
|7:47 PM||(4) North Carolina vs (1) Wisconsin||TBS|
|9:45 PM||(5) West Virginia vs (1) Kentucky||CBS|
|10:17 PM||(6) Xavier vs (2) Arizona||TBS|