Michigan State has its first true test of the 2018 regular season, as MSU enters Sun Devil Stadium for a 10:45 p.m. EST kickoff tonight against Arizona State (yes, Utah State was a bit of test, but an unexpected one).
Both teams enter this game 1-0. Arizona State won in convincing fashion over a lesser opponent last week, while Michigan State won a close shootout against a seemingly inferior opponent.
We’ve heard the same narratives over and over this week that could hinder MSU’s play: the desert heat is expected to be upward of 100 degrees at kickoff; the time zone change and late start; the “blacked out” stadium; the Big Ten’s horrid record in Tempe; the Spartans concerning play last week. Now it’s time to just play football and see what this team is actually made of.
Are y’all staying up for the entirety (or majority) of this one? If so, here is the game thread. You know what to do in the comments section below.
In the meantime, go ahead catch up on your literature from the week:
- Michigan State vs. Arizona State Game Preview
- Despite slow start, MSU is still poised for an excellent season
- Special Teams Breakdown: Arizona State
- The Only Questions: Arizona State
- The 3-2-1 MSU Preview
- Offense Breakdown: Week 1
- Defensive Breakdown: Week 1
- Get To Know Arizona State
- The Only Podcast: Wins Are Good!
- Film Room: Utah State
- Michigan State Weekly Press Conference Coverage
- Felton Davis is poised for a big season
- The Good, The Bad, The Random vs. Utah State