We now have the full schedule for the highly anticipated 2019-2020 Michigan State basketball team. The full schedule was released today with the release of the conference schedule. Here is the official Big Ten schedule for MSU:
Just some quick notes on the conference schedule:
- MSU’s two “early” conference games will be home against Rutgers and at Northwestern. That should be a decent way to ease into the conference slate considering MSU’s difficult early non-conference schedule.
- Michigan travels to East Lansing right after the new year on January 5th for a Sunday matchup. The Spartans travel to Ann Arbor about a month later on February 8th.
- Senior Day will be March 8th against Ohio State. MSU and the Buckeyes have had some epic Senior Day moments in East Lansing during the Izzo era, and this very well could be another.
- The Spartans better be ready to go when the calendar rolls over to 2020 with games against Michigan, Minnesota, at Purdue, Wisconsin, and at Indiana and Minnesota all in a row. Those are all tournament teams from a year ago with the exception of Indiana, who was MSU’s kryptonite last season.
- A pair of late season matchups against Maryland could loom large. The Terps are expected to be contenders in the Big Ten and MSU doesn't face them until mid-February, and again on Leap Day.
That’s the conference schedule, the full schedule is here:
For a full breakdown of the non-conference schedule, check out this story from last month.