The Michigan State Spartans hope to extend their current winning streak over the Northwestern Wildcats today to two games. This will be a tall task for the Spartans as the Wildcats visit East Lansing for the 59th all-time meeting between the programs, and NU currently ranks No. 8 in the initial College Football Playoff Committee rankings of the season. They also sit at 5-0 on the season for the first time since 1996.
While this will be Mel Tucker’s first game against NU as a head coach, Northwestern’s head coach Pat Fitzgerald currently is 5-7 against MSU during his tenure at the helm in Evanston. An upset certainly isn’t impossible to think of, but it will be tough against the NU defense today.
TOC Football Content Review:
- How to watch: Northwestern at Michigan State
- Game Preview: Northwestern at Michigan State
- TOC Staff Picks: Northwestern
- 5 Questions with Inside NU
- The 3-2-1 Preview: 3 things we want to see, 2 key stats and 1 best bet vs. Northwestern
- Get to Know the Opponent: Northwestern
- Bad Betting Advice: Week 13 (Recalculating)