The Michigan State Spartans hockey team will kickoff their season in exactly two weeks from now on Thursday, Nov. 19.
WE’VE GOT GAMES!!— MSU_Hockey (@MSU_Hockey) November 5, 2020
Check out the first half of our 2020-21 schedule! pic.twitter.com/hbdc8bwPCj
- Thu, Nov. 19 - Arizona State at Michigan State
- Fri, Nov. 20 - Arizona State at Michigan State
- Sat, Nov. 28 - Michigan State at Ohio State
- Sun, Nov. 29 - Michigan State at Ohio State
- Thu, Dec. 3 - Minnesota at Michigan State
- Fri, Dec. 4 - Minnesota at Michigan State
- Tue, Dec. 8 - Wisconsin at Michigan State
- Wed, Dec. 9 - Wisconsin at Michigan State
- Sat, Dec. 19 - Michigan State at Notre Dame
- Sun, Dec. 20 - Michigan State at Notre Dame
The Spartans will play a 24-game conference only-schedule that will also include and additional four games against hockey independent Arizona State at Big Ten venues. The first ten games were released earlier this afternoon for the Spartans. For the first half of the schedule, in-state rival Michigan, along with relative hockey newcomer Penn State are absent.
Per the official release from Michigan State, the protocols for playing will follow football guidelines, and the game time, broadcast details, and remaining portions of the schedule will be released at a further date.
Game times and television designations, as well as the remainder of the 2020-21 schedule and further details regarding the 2021 Big Ten Hockey Tournament, will be announced at a later date.
Big Ten hockey teams will follow the same medical protocols that were developed by the Big Ten Return to Competition Task Force and announced on Sept. 16, 2020, including daily antigen testing, enhanced cardiac screening and an enhanced data-driven approach when making decisions about practice/competition. Arizona State University has agreed to adhere to the same testing protocols as the Big Ten Conference.
Please note: At this time, fans will not be allowed in attendance this season, with a possible exception of student-athlete or staff family members.