Even in a normal spring and summer, the focus of all college football fans turns to recruiting. In this series, we will do a deep dive into several aspects that will help you win you next water-cooler discussion with a rival fan base (once we get to have water cooler discussions again...) The topics will include:
- What is the best way to count stars and to rank recruiting classes?
- A summary of the past 14 years of MSU football recruiting
- A deep-dive comparison of MSU and Michigan’s recruits’ output once they get onto campus
- Which teams are over- and under-achieving in the identification and/or development of recruits
- How MSU (and other teams) have fared in recruiting and developing different position groups
- The impact of geography in recruiting, i.e. which states are over- and under-rated for recruiting talent.
- What recruiting stars actually mean when it comes to wins on the field
Stay tuned and enjoy the ride.