The Michigan State Spartans face off against the Western Michigan Broncos tonight in the home season opener for the Spartans. Tonight’s game marks the 39th all-time meeting between the two programs.
- Michigan State currently leads the all-time series 27-11.
- The Spartans lead the series in East Lansing 21-7.
- MSU is riding a seven-game win streak heading into the matchup, and has won 10 of the past 11 meetings.
- Western Michigan last won a game in the series on Nov. 28, 1981 in a 83-79 victory back in the days of basketball at Jenison Fieldhouse.
- Michigan State had to rely on a 21-8 run at the mid-point of the second half last season over a span of 7:50 to put away the Broncos in a 79-61 win on Dec. 6 at the Breslin Center. Joey Hauser notched his third double-double of the season in that matchup, scoring a career-high 24 points and grabbing 10 rebounds.
- Western Michigan comes into the game 1-0 after beating Hope College 76-58 on Wednesday night.