The Michigan State Spartans had the second of the team’s four games that needed rescheduling announced with a new date, time, and television coverage earlier today. The Big Ten announced a total of seven games that have been rescheduled as the league scrambles to make up a lot of ground in postponed games as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to cause delays.
After making up the postponed road trip to Iowa City last Tuesday, Feb. 2, the Spartans are now scheduled to make up the game against the No. 2 Illinois Fighting Illini in East Lansing in two weeks on Tuesday, Feb. 23 at 7 p.m. ET on FS1.
Two days later, MSU is scheduled to host the No. 4 Ohio State Buckeyes before hitting the road for a game at Maryland on Sunday, Feb. 28. The two remaining games needing to be squeezed back into the schedule include a road trip to Ann Arbor to take on the Michigan Wolverines and a visit to East Lansing by the Indiana Hoosiers.
The full shake-up in the Big Ten schedule is as follows:
- Indiana at Northwestern – 5:30 p.m.ET/4:30 p.m. CT on BTN (time change)
- Rutgers at Iowa – 7:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. CT on BTN (time change)
- Wisconsin at Nebraska – 9:30 p.m. ET/8:30 p.m. CT on BTN (moved from Feb. 11, 2021) Thursday, Feb. 11
- Purdue at Minnesota – 5:00 p.m. ET/4:00 p.m. CT on ESPN2 (time and network change)Friday, Feb. 12
- Illinois at Nebraska – 9:00 p.m. ET/8:00 p.m. CT on BTN (rescheduled from Jan. 13, 2021) Tuesday, Feb. 23
- Illinois at Michigan State – 7:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. CT on FS1 (rescheduled from Jan. 23, 2021) Tuesday, Feb. 23
Nebraska at Illinois – Game to be moved to final week of the season (Date and Time TBA)