The Michigan State Spartans men’s basketball team (1-1) returns to the court tonight to once again take part in the annual Champions Classic. The No. 4 Kentucky Wildcats (2-0) await with MSU 1-2 all-time against UK in the event.
- Date: Tuesday, Nov. 15
- Tipoff: 7:00 p.m. ET
- Odds according to DraftKings Sports Book: Michigan State is a seven-point underdog with the over/under set at 141.
- TV: ESPN
- Web/Mobile: WatchESPNApp
- Play-by-Play: Dan Shulman
- Analyst: Dick Vitale
- Sideline: Holly Rowe
- Radio: TCF Bank Spartan Media Network; Will Tieman (play-by-play), Matt Steigenga (color analyst)
- Flagship Stations: Lansing: WMMQ (94.9 FM)/WJIM (1240 AM); Detroit: WJR (760 AM); Grand Rapids: WBFX (101.3 FM)
- Affiliates: 24 affiliates listed at msuspartans.com
- SiriusXM/SiriusXM app: Channel 83
- Michigan State is 4-7 in the Champions Classic, a game behind Kentucky, which sits at 5-6. Duke has had the most success at 7-4, followed by Kansas at 6-5.
- This year, the Spartans will face at least four teams ranked in the preseason Associated Press top-25.
- Since 2009-2010, Michigan State is one of only six teams (including that 2016-2017 team) to play at least four AP ranked opponents in the month of November.
- Michigan State is the only team to play two teams in the top-four in the month of November, with No. 2 Gonzaga in the Armed Forces Classic last Friday and No. 4 Kentucky tonight in the Champions Classic in Indianapolis (credit: Sportsradar).
- UK leads the all-time series 14-11 and is on a two-game win streak that dates back to 2016.
- The game against Kentucky will mark the 70th all-time matchup for Michigan State against a team from the Southeastern Conference. MSU is 42-27 all-time against teams from the SEC.
Tonight's uniform: ⚪️ pic.twitter.com/ripkkffKXB— Michigan State Men's Basketball (@MSU_Basketball) November 15, 2022